IT Experts Survey Says that Government and Industry Should Work Together on Cybersecurity
No one knows the challenges of cybersecurity better than those on the front lines - the IT professionals. In an IT decision maker survey released today by CTIA, 96 percent said the government should allow wireless companies to exchange information to identify vulnerabilities and protect users from cyberthreats. Some other interesting results from the survey include:
- 77 percent said the industry is better equipped to define cybersecurity standards.
- 68 percent stated the industry and government should share information on threats and work collaboratively to define standards.
- 89 percent said that the mobile industry is fair, good or excellent in addressing cybersecurity and offering solutions.
- 86 percent said smartphones were vulnerable to attacks (e.g., spam, malware, phishing, Trojans and botnets, etc.).
- 88 percent said tablets were vulnerable to attacks (e.g., spam, malware, phishing, Trojans and botnets, etc.).
- 68 percent said they thought of cybersecurity for mobile devices the same way as computers.
- 95 percent said application stores, mobile networks, smartphone operating systems and applications need to work together to provide end-to-end cybersecurity.