After more than 24 months of research and strategizing, CTIA is creating Super Mobility Week, beginning in 2014, where we take the best of CTIA and MobileCON, to provide THE international mobile wireless trade show. This move to one show in 2014 will serve as the trade show for all companies within the wireless ecosystem, from carriers to device manufacturers to network operators to those who create content, apps and devices for healthcare, education, transportation, financial and other industries.
Our members asked for one super show and wanted it in September so they could debut the “hottest” gifts for the holiday season. We listened and we’re pleased with this strategic announcement that we hope will benefit their companies and the wireless marketplace. The super trade show is September 9, 10 & 11, 2014 at the Las Vegas Sands Expo Convention Center, but rest assured that we’ll keep the focused, niche opportunities that smaller shows offer so that no matter your interest, you’re meeting with the right people to conduct business.
This announcement is exactly where we need to go to lead and meet the needs of the mobile marketplace, but let me be clear – our 2013 shows are key to 2014. CTIA 2013 is May 21-23 at the Las Vegas Sands Expo Convention Center and MobileCON 2013 will be October 16-18 in San Jose.
Here are some of the stories on this announcement:
- FierceWireless: CTIA to merge trade shows into one event in September 2014
- Wireless Week: CTIA announces 2014 ‘Super show’
- CNET: Wireless trade group CTIA to drop one conference
- PCMag.com: CTIA moves big mobile show to fall
- Engadget: CTIA and MobileCon merging in 2014, forming ‘super mobile show’
- allthingsd: Key U.S. Cellphone Trade Group Will Move Main Show to Fall in 2014, Discontinue Second Event
- eWeek: CTIA, MobileCON merging to one fall conference in 2014
- IDG News: CTIA to merge mobile trade shows into single event
I hope you’ll join me in our enthusiasm about this announcement and at our shows!