The Ernest N. Morial Convention Center is alive with excitement for the beginning of International WIRELESS® 2012 here in New Orleans! In just a few hours, our keynote speakers will take the stage to share their vision for the future of wireless.
Here are the speakers from 9:30-11:00 a.m. CDT:
- Gary Flood, President of Global Products and Solutions, MasterCard Worldwide, will speak to the company’s commitment to evolving a world beyond cash and demonstrate how mobile and online will challenge the way people think about and conduct commerce in the digital age.
- Julius Genachowski, Chairman of the Federal Communications Commission, will address some of the most important issues impacting the industry, including the need for more spectrum and share his thoughts on the future of wireless.
- Joe Kennedy, CEO & President of Pandora, will discuss the important role mobile plays in redefining radio for a connected world.
- Patrick Riordan, President & CEO of Cellcom and 2012 CTIA Chairman of the Board, will share CTIA's new vision statement and his thoughts on what it means this year for our customers and members.
We have 300,000 square feet exhibit floor with more than 1,000 companies showcasing wireless applications, solutions, hardware and software. See a full list of exhibitor companies and be sure to check out the new Solutions Showcase debuting this year.
At 2:00 p.m. CDT from the Exhibit Innovations Stage located in Booth 4575, the five finalists of the second annual BIG Idea Contest will present their ideas, visions and concepts to a live voting audience. The top three submissions with the most votes will be recognized as winners of the contest for creating or conceptualizing the best next-generation wireless products and services that will improve and change lives.
Then from 4:30-6:00 p.m. CDT, carrier CEOs will deliver individual keynote remarks followed by a lively discussion moderated by Jim Cramer, host of CNBC’s "Mad Money." The carrier CEOs speaking are:
- Dan Hesse, CEO, Sprint Nextel Corporation
- Philipp Humm, CEO & President, T-Mobile USA
- Dan Mead, President & CEO, Verizon Wireless
- Ralph de la Vega, President & CEO, AT&T Mobility
Be sure to check out the show coverage page and here on the blog for all latest news, videos, pics and more coming from New Orleans.
Whether you’re here at the show or watching the coverage from home, we invite you to share your comments in the section below. We would also love to hear your feedback via our social media outlets: