CTIA-The Wireless Association® and the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) announced the mobile application rating system to provide parents and consumers reliable information about the age-appropriateness of applications. AT&T, Microsoft, Sprint, T-Mobile USA, U.S. Cellular and Verizon Wireless are the founding members of the rating system, and other storefronts have indicated their interest in joining. Speakers, in order of appearance, are: Steve Largent, President and CEO, CTIA; U.S. Senator Mark Pryor (D-AR); U.S. Senator Kelly Ayotte (R-NH); and Patricia Vance, President, ESRB.
More from this author
More from this category
- CTIA Statement After the FCC Approved a NPRM on Wireless Emergency Alerts
- Mobile Voice and Broadband Regulatory Parity: What’s Good for the Goose Isn’t Good for the Gander
- I Accepted the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge!
- CTIA Statement In Response to the NTIA’s Petition to the FCC on Unlocked Mobile Devices
- Mashable, Study: Millennials are 'leading the streaming revolution' November 12, 2015
- MIT Technology Review, Track Your Heart with Your Phone November 12, 2015
- The Next Web, This is how a self-driving car sees the streets of London November 11, 2015
- Reuters, App helps visually impaired enjoy movies November 11, 2015
Avatars by Sterling Adventures