The countdown to International CTIA Wireless 2011 continues! Today’s focus is the BIG IDEA Contest, which offers an innovative company a chance to present their idea at CTIAs’ Exhibit Innovations Stage on March 22 at 2:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. and March 23 at 11:30 a.m (all times EST).
In December, the wireless community submitted their ideas, visions and concepts for products, applications and services that they felt embodied the true transformative power of wireless.
After voting online for 45 submissions, more than 5,000 mobile industry professionals choose these companies as the five BIG Idea finalists:
- GreatCall, Inc. – Mobile Personal Security
- LOC-AID Technologies, Inc. – LOCAIDER
- Smith Micro Software – Secure On Device API – SODA
- XPOUS LLC – iGenApps: The App Generator
- ZoomSafer – FleetSafer Vision
Winners will be announced at our show by USA TODAY Personal Technology Columnist Ed Baig on March 22nd at 11:30 a.m. EST. Good luck to the finalists!