This morning, CTIA’s Cybersecurity Working Group released, “Today’s Mobile Cybersecurity: Industry Megatrends & Consumers,” its third white paper, which explores how mobile cybersecurity is affected when consumers have more choices, especially considering apps, and companies move their business online.
The three megatrends explored in the white paper are:
- Mobile – The wireless ecosystem has exploded over the last decade with new players, device and services. With more ground to cover, the industry continues to invest in innovative solutions to protect its customers from evolving cyberthreats.
- Consumers & Apps – Wireless devices and services have put more control in the hands of the consumer. From personal information to actual device, the industry provides services and educational information to help consumers protect themselves.
- Virtualization – With greater efficiency and ability, comes more demand. The virtualization of data and services has brought more flexibility and opportunities as well as more security threats. Through cooperative efforts, the industry has developed strong safeguards and defenses against attacks.
The second white paper, “Today’s Mobile Cybersecurity: Blueprint for the Future” and the first white paper, “Today’s Mobile Cybersecurity: Protected, Secured and Unified” are also available.
CTIA 2013 begins today with the keynote speakers (also streamed live) at 9 a.m. PDT with:
- Mignon Clyburn, Acting Chairwoman of the FCC
Then we have a Power Panel, moderated by our 2013 Chairwoman and President & CEO of U.S. Cellular Mary Dillon:
- Beth Jacob, EVP of Target Technology Services and Chief Information Officer of Target,
- Mary Chan, President and Global Connected Consumer of General Motors,
- Peggy Johnson, EVP and President of Global Market Development of Qualcomm,
- Allison Cerra, VP of Global Marketing and Communications of Alcatel-Lucent and
- Gerri Martin-Flickinger, SVP and Chief Information Officer of Adobe.
Finally, attendees will hear from:
- Michael Saylor, Founder, Chairman & CEO of MicroStrategy and the author of The Mobile Wave
- Ari Schwartz, Senior Policy Advisor of the US Department of Commerce
- Michael Kaiser, Executive Director of National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA)
- Chris Doggett, Senior VP of Corporate Sales in North America of Kaspersky lab and
- Chris Boyer, Assistant Vice President Public Policy of AT&T
Here are some of the “can’t miss” panels and events:
- Cybersecurity Summit – Lessons Learned Workshop, 1:30 p.m. – 3 p.m., Veronese 2401
- Wireless Policy Hot Topics, 2 p.m. – 3:15 p.m., Titian 2203
- CTIA B!G Idea Ceremony, 2 p.m., Show Floor Booth #5646
- 3rd Annual LATAM Mobile Marketing Summit, 3 p.m., Veronese 2505 – 2506
- Wireless in the New Public Safety Ecosystem, 3:30 p.m. – 4:45 p.m., Titian 2203
- Cybersecurity Summit - Forensics Workshop (Hands on panel to identify and “fix” cyberthreats), 3:30 p.m. – 5 p.m., Veronese 2401
Exhibitors are transforming the show floor of the Sands Expo and Convention Center in Las Vegas into North America's largest wireless show. Watch the final preparations and hear from CTIA President and CEO Steve Largent and Vice President and Show Director Rob Mesirow.
As wireless devices become more innovative, they also become more attractive targets to cyberthieves. Due to the U.S. wireless industry’s continued investment in smart and innovative solutions and vigilance in identifying potential threats, the U.S. has one of the lowest device infection rates in the world, between 0.2 and 2 ...
Recycling or donating your old devices (and accessories) is great, but make sure you first remove all of your personal information.
To remove your personal information from your cellphone, CTIA offers these eight simple tips:
It’s only a matter of time until we solely rely on our cellphones as our wallets. Until then, there are lots of users adopting their mobile devices for banking, payments and shopping.
Unfortunately, this increased convenience may make you a more attractive target for cyberthieves.
To help consumers keep their financial information ...
CTIA 2013 officially begins tomorrow, but there’s lots happening today as part of our pre-conference partner events and seminars.
Attendee, exhibitor and media registration is open today from 8-5 pm at the Sands. We’ll also have videos, photos and stories on our show highlights website throughout the ...
We just released our CTIA-FCBA State and Federal Policy Panels at CTIA 2013 and have a fantastic lineup of speakers and moderators. Our group will have a diverse background – from federal and state policymakers to reporters to our members, there’s a depth and variety of experiences that ...